Cement & Lime Company
The company was established in 1914, operating a factory in Brisbane. From 1916, it obtained limestone from Gore on the Darling Downs. In the early 1930s, it built a wharf on the Brisbane River at Seventeen Mile Rocks. The company had a dredge at Mud Island in Moreton Bay from where they obtained coral, which was then transported up the river to the wharf from where it was conveyed via the company's private road to the factory. By 1936, the company ceased using limestone from Gore in favour of the coral from Moreton Bay.