St Paul’s was established in Victoria, 1928 as a home for boys up to 14 years of age. Boys received technical training in engineering and carpentry and attended an adjacent state school. In 1973 the school closed and soon ceased operation as a children’s home. By 1979 St Paul’s had become the St Paul’s Discovery Centre, funded for socially disadvantaged children. It is estimated to have closed around 2004, but this cannot be confirmed.