Trams ran on Brisbane’s streets from 1885 to 1969. In the early years, horse drawn trams were used and later replaced by electric trams in 1897. The network suffered a major blow when one of its depots was destroyed by fire loosing around sixty five trams. As a result several lines were closed and replaced by buses. This later lead to the decision to abandoned Brisbane’s trams in 1969 with buses replacing all trams.
A majority of Brisbane’s trams were scrapped and burnt, a few of them sold to private buyers, some were obtained by the tramway museum and a handful of them remain in this shed.